Concrete has been one of the most used construction materials all around the globe and has been considered as one of the most manufactured and produced materials globally. Concrete can be used for different purposes such as for wall, roofing, paving, and others. Residential, commercial, and industrial areas are using this material for every construction.
When looking for Boise concrete leveling, there are many things you need to take into consideration such as the kind of service the company provides, price, and the kind of material/concrete they use. Although the quality of concrete can differ from one manufacturer to another, they share common qualities, and these are the things we will share with you today.
What is Concrete and what are the properties that make up the concrete? The following provides an overview and general look of what concrete is:
- Concrete, unlike cement, refers to the mixture of water, Portland cement, aggregates, and admixtures. Although concrete and cement are oftentimes used interchangeably, the two are completely different terms.
- Concrete is oftentimes called the “handmade rock” as it creates a rock-like structure when hardened.
- It is the most widely used material in construction on a global scale. In the United States alone, construction workers use concrete as twice as they use other materials.
- It is very flexible as it can be used for different purposes; can be mold in different shapes, and can be tainted with different colors.
- It is economical, durable, and versatile even compared with other construction materials.
Since its discovery concrete has become an important material in the creation of not just residential and commercial buildings but also for public structures like road, parks, pavements, dam, and others. When you look at the world around you, there is no way you would not see any concrete material at all. From the stairs, walls, roads, bridge, and others — concrete can be seen. Of course, this is because of the characteristics and properties that make it remarkable and more preferred in different construction projects. The following are the properties of concrete:
- Concrete can be finished to achieve that glass-smooth surfaces, while it can also be coarse-looking depending in your preferences.
- Concrete has a compressive strength that ranges from 2000 to 5000 pounds psi. However, it is able to withstand up to 10,000 psi for special projects.
- Concrete is weak in tension but strong in compression.
- When mixed with the right materials, concrete is able to withstand harsh chemical like milk, manure, acid, water, fire, fertilizers, and even abrasion.
- When planning on having concrete for construction, you need to consider its strength as is the most looked-for property by people
- Because concrete is weak in tension, most construction workers use steel to compensate for the concrete’s lack of tension.
There are still many things concrete is known for. Besides its strength, compression, durability, and versatility, and the abundance of its production as well as its selling price in the market. This allows the customers and clients to have concrete on their buildings.
Concrete is fascinating. It is something popular and ubiquitous, and it takes seeing eyes to really appreciate its contribution to the world.